Diet for Psoriasis
Does diet have an impact on Psoriasis?
According to popular research there is no strong evidence that specific foods can help in psoriasis. However, there are evidences that state maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and reducing weight can help keep psoriasis in check. Consuming an anti-inflammatory, gluten-free diet with ample of vitamins generally proves to be beneficial.
PSORIASIS DIET RECOMMENDATIONS
DIET FOR PSORIASIS
Psoriasis is a commonly occurring, multi-factorial, non-contagious, autoimmune, and an inflammatory skin disease. Psoriatic lesions (psoriatic plaques) are characterized by the development of chronic, well-defined, scaly, reddish lesions on the extensor surface of the extremities, especially elbows, knees, trunk, back and scalp. Psoriasis can also cause inflammation of your joints, which is known as psoriatic arthritis. Many individuals have benefited from following an anti-inflammatory, gluten- free diet with lots of vitamins as these foods help improve the immune system and reduce their symptoms. The key is to find what works for you.
We are providing the necessary food recommendations for Psoriasis that can help.
- Essen Sie viel organisches, grünes Blattgemüse und frisches Obst. Mit leichten Abführmitteln kann Verstopfung vorgebeugt werden.
- Include foods that reduce inflammation such as cold-water, flaxseeds, olive oil, pumpkin seeds and walnuts and colorful fresh fruits and vegetables (carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale and broccoli and fruits like blueberries, mangoes, strawberries and figs)
- Include omega-3 fatty acids such as vegetable oils, nuts, seeds and soy foods, fatty fish, fish oil and algae.
- Include vitamins D rich foods like cod liver oil, salmon (sockeye), mackerel, tuna fish canned in water, orange juice fortified with vitamin D, egg yolk, Swiss cheese and fortified cereals
- Glucosamine source such as substances extracted from animal tissue including shrimp, lobster shells and shark cartilage.
Nahrungsmittel für den mäßigen Konsum:
Fried and oily food should be moderated
Lebensmittel zu vermeiden:
- Avoid meat, fish, chicken or flesh of animals.
- Avoid inflammatory foods like fatty red meats, dairy products, processed foods, refined sugars, nightshade vegetables, including potatoes, tomatoes and peppers
- Avoid glutens contained in dairy products, sugar, corn or soy.
- Yogurt, sesame, fried food and other substances heavy to digest. Avoid foods that are incompatible with each other such as fruit salad, milk with fish etc.
- Vermeiden Sie immer Junk Food, Fast Food und Fremdfutter (da es viel Gewürze, Öl und Chemikalien wie Natriumbicarbonat usw. enthält).
- Freshly prepared juice of Bitter gourd (karela) with lemon taken on an empty stomach daily for 4-5 months helps clear psoriasis completely.
- Ein Glas Milch mit einem halben Teelöffel Kurkuma und Ghee (Butterschmalz) zu trinken ist sehr hilfreich.
- Apply warm cabbage paste on the affected area, this will help clear psoriasis flakes.
Dr Vijay Kamat graduated from K.L.E. society’s Shri B. M. Kankanwadi Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Belgaum, India; one of the oldest Ayurvedic institutions in India. He is a prestigious member of the Ayurvedic Association of India. He possesses deep ancestral and research-based knowledge of plants, and is passionate about bringing age-old secrets of Ayurveda within the reach of a common man. In keeping with his passion, he is presently leading the medical team of Biogetica – a collective of Doctors dedicated to natural medicine. Together, they work to bring evidence-based natural healing solutions to the world.